How to Attain Meaningful Use With Your EHR
ONC is seeking feedback through the Stage 2 rule on how to increase patient safety through updated certification criteria, how to improve data portability, and how to increase price transparency with regard to certified Complete EHRs or EHR Modules.
ONC Proposed Rule:
- Read the ONC Proposed Rule [PDF – 2.3 MB] [Word* – 807 K] >
- ONC fact sheet [PDF – 99 K] >
- Submit a Public Comment on the ONC Proposed Rule >
CMS Proposed Rule:
- Read the CMS Proposed Rule [PDF – 6.8 MB] >
- CMS fact sheet >
- Submit a Public Comment on the CMS Proposed Rule >
Meaningful Use Definition & Objectives
Meaningful use is using certified electronic health record (EHR) technology to:
- Improve quality, safety, efficiency, and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and family
- Improve care coordination, and population and public health
- Maintain privacy and security of patient health information
Ultimately, it is hoped that the meaningful use compliance will result in:
- Better clinical outcomes
- Improved population health outcomes
- Increased transparency and efficiency
- Empowered individuals
- More robust research data on health systems
Meaningful use sets specific objectives that eligible professionals (EPs) and hospitals must achieve to qualify for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Incentive Programs.
Stages of Meaningful Use
These objectives will evolve in three stages over the next five years:
Stage 1 – Data capture and sharing
Stage 2 – Advance clinical processes
Stage 3 – Improved outcomes
Stage 1 EHR Meaningful Use Specification Sheets
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which administers theMedicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, provides these sheets to help professionals and hospitals understand the requirements of each objective and demonstrate meaningful use successfully.
- EHR Meaningful Use Specification Sheets for eligible professionals (EPs) [PDF – 348 KB]
- Meaningful use specifications for eligible hospitals [PDF – 360 KB]
Your meaningful use check is waiting for you. Avoid the bottleneck. Avoid penalties or loss of incentives.
Why wait on setting up or configuring up your EHR system?
Call 808.723.0900 or email (frank@HawaiiEHR.com)